A few steps you should take to ensure your candle burns correctly, efficiently, and most of all, safely.
These steps are HIGHLY recommended
- BEFORE YOU LIGHT YOUR CANDLE FOR THE FIRST TIME MAKE SURE TO TRIM THE WICK TO 1/8 – 1/4 INCH
- ONLY BURN THE CANDLE ON A LEVEL, FIRE RESISTANT SURFACE
- ALLOW THE MELTED WAX TO REACH THE EDGES OF THE CONTAINER BEFORE EXTINGUISHING (this will prevent tunneling of the wax)
- NEVER BURN YOUR CANDLE LONGER THAN 4 HOURS AT A TIME (any longer than 4 hours, you risk the glass container getting too hot and breaking)
- AFTER EXTINGUISHING, ALLOW THE WAX TO HARDEN BEFORE RELIGHTING
- TRIM THE WICK AGAIN TO 1/8 – 1/4 INCH BEFORE EACH AND EVERY BURN (keep candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings)
- DISPOSE OF YOUR CANDLE WHEN THERE IS 1/2 INCH OF WAX LEFT IN THE CONTAINER (burning a candle to the very end is never a good idea. As the flame becomes lower inside the container, the container will hold more heat. This can cause the jar to get too hot and break and/or cause damage to furniture underneath the jar)
To prevent fire and serious injury:
Burn candle within sight. Keep away from drafts and vibrations. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
WAX MELTS WARNING!
To prevent fire or injury:
Remove packaging before use. Use only in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers approved for wax melts. Read and follow all instructions provided with your warmer before use. Do NOT leave melter unattended while in use. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do NOT add water
- Do NOT melt on stove top or in non-approved appliances
- Use only in a well ventilated area away from flammable materials
- Discontinue use if dish contains less than 1/2″ of wax